Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

CoverGirl, Maybelline, and L'Oreal Mascaras

Remind me never to buy CoverGirl mascara ever again. What was I thinking? I bought the Lash Blast Volume Blasting mascara (the orange thick one) a little while ago and lost the receipt so I couldn't return it. It does NOTHING! Maybe if you already have long thick lashes, it will make them a bit darker. Or if you don't like nice long girly lashes for every day look, (like if you're some boring mom) then this is for you.

Then I went back to my L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes (the red/white one). I think this is one of the best mascaras I've found lately. I think it's very important for the mascara to actually come off when you wash it off! And this one is great for that. The "tubes" just slide off with warm water or a bit of makeup remover. Of course it has a disadvantage. It does flake a lot, and I get black little "tubes" around my eyes, (or in my eyes) which my boyfriend thinks its kind of gross (and I agree). I don't mind that it has 2 steps, the white part protects the lashes and gives it its great length. However, I got pretty bored of it and thought I would try something new. The lady at the store was very nice but only showed me the newest mascaras in every brand they had so I gave in.

 It was either the Lash Blast Fusion (purple/bluish one) or the Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies or the Maybeline Volum'Express One-by-One. Thank God I didn't get the Falsies because I read reviews of it last night and it's apparently horrendous. The One-by-One is not so great either, but I haven't tried it.

Last Blast Fusion should really never advertise themselves as being length+volume. It's not! The brush hurts my top lash by the way because it's so sharp and pointy. It's just horrible and I thought that maybe they fixed their product from the Lash Blast Volume...but they didn't. Not at all. It's the same as that one...aka bad!

At least I'll be returning it today. I'm still not sure what to get. My L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes is about finished, so I might buy another one, but I think I'll be sticking to L'Oreal for sure because CoverGirl and Maybelline have been disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment