Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Friends and enemies

Second week of classes awaits. The promise of new friends and loathed enemies feels good. This night will make me a leader or a follower.


Round 2 of classes started yesterday. I was fearful but foolish. I'm also trying to take it slow because I know that soon it will get harder, and I won't have time to relax or sleep.

Tonight, however, I will embrace my free time and enjoy life. By some unimaginable chance I was invited to a party. I know that for you other college students out there this isn't a big deal, but for me--it's different. I wasn't a "whooohooo party!" kind of girl in high school, and even if I thought college would be different, I haven't changed--my surroundings have. I want to be the kind of girl who can juggle partying and getting As, but unfortunately my idea of fun is hanging out with my boyfriend, watching Cash Cab or SVU marathons--and in the end, praying for Cs. I miss the simple high school times where As fell from trees.

In any case, tonight, even though it's a Tuesday, we're going to be celebrating a person's birthday. This person is an acquaintance of my boyfriends who I've had in a couple classes but we don't know each other. It's going to be awkward and I'm going to be self conscious about my hair, my clothes, my stature, and everything else under the sun--but overall I'm excited.

Tomorrow is another day of reading and research, but tonight I'm hoping to enjoy myself. Hopefully we wont forget to bring Apples to Apples and Mike's Hard Lemonade to lighten the mood and break the ice. I was told other nerds from the physics department will be there--so hopefully we wont be alone.

Socially retarded you say? In some ways. I'm pretty good at disguising it, but underneath it all I'm a shy little ducky.

One of the reasons I'm anxious about this little get-together is for the fact that a certain someone might make her appearance there. This someone and I have issues to say the least. She hurt the one person I love in this world. She hurt him many times, and he's too good of a person to hate her, ignore her, betray her, or simply tell her she's a whore. She, on the other hand, doesn't care about people's feelings. She hurt him with no mercy, and he did not deserve it.


I however, don't really care for her since we don't have a history--so if she is there tonight, and she manages to be civil and start a conversation--I might just tell her what I think of her. I wanted to do this for a while now. I had an email played in my mind...but I never wrote it, or sent it for that matter. Somehow I thought it would be a waste of my time since she wont ever read it. Face-to-face sounds much better. If I get the balls--I'll be sure to share it with you.

As for right now, homework is done, time to eat and get ready.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment